Username: Password: Remember me
Some text goes here

TOPIC: Over 50 Cycle Questions

Over 50 Cycle Questions 5 years 5 months ago #8307

• titansman1
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 139
Hello everyone,

I just recently placed my first order with RS. I have a couple questions I'd like to ask some of you guys.

First, I'm 50 years old, in excellent shape, I've been training since I was in my early 20's, I know how to train and diet and I usually keep myself around 10-13% BF. I'm 5'9", currently 178 lbs and about 12% BF. I'm all natural, I've never used any AAS before. I had my testosterone checked last year and even at my age I was about 550, have decent energy, libido, morning wood, etc. (I also just went for fresh blood work yesterday)

My problem is that, especially at my age, anytime I get sub 10% BF I get too skinny and my wife starts to complain about how scrawny I look (I drop into 160lbs range under 10%BF). I can lift, eat and bulk and cut until I'm blue in the face and when it's all said and done I might gain a couple pounds of muscle. My ultimate goal is to get up to about 195lbs and 8%BF.

I was original thinking about getting my test back up to youthful levels, like TRT, get everything balanced out and then blasting a couple times next year. This would allow to cruise between cycles without having to worry about PCT and at my age, even though I'm at a decent natural test level, it would still be nice to cruise in the upper normal range between cycles.

So my question is, would it be better to blast and cruise over the next year so or would I be better to do a couple of cycles and PCT, wait to recuperate then cycle again. If I blast and cruise for an extended period of time, would I have an increased chance damaging or weakening my natural system hurting it's ability to get back to operating at the level that is currently, which is pretty good for my age? Thanks everyone!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Over 50 Cycle Questions 5 years 5 months ago #8309

• jp4355
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1477
I would recommend going on a 12 Week Test Only Cycle.
Using either Test C or E.
This way you only have to do twice a week injections to keep Stable Hormone Levels.

A Blast and Cruise is tough on the body, and would require lots of Bloodwork.
To make sure after each blast that your Liver/Kidney Function is OK.
And that Cholesterol and Liver Enzymes haven't gone Wacky.

Then once you do PCT, it's a much longer and arduous process.

I did a Blast and Cruise for a little over 1 1/2 years.
It took over 4 months till I started feeling normal again.
And it required a much longer PCT, then would be the Norm for a regular Cycle.

Your Natty Test isn't bad.
A long Blast and Cruise could Negate that.
My Total Test when Off-Cycle now is about 100 points lower............... JP
P.S.
If you would like, I can give you a Layout for the 12 Week Cycle.
Last Edit: 5 years 5 months ago by jp4355.

Over 50 Cycle Questions 5 years 5 months ago #8310

• titansman1
  • Elite Member
Thanks for the response and feedback. I agree, I think it's better to be as conservative as possible and do my best to preserve my natural level of production when I'm not cycling.

Yes, I'd definitely be interested in your suggested layout. I ordered and was planning on doing 500 Cyp per week, pin twice a week at 250, and 250IU of HCG twice a week during cycle.

I also ordered arimidex and nolva I know a lot of people on here recommend aromasine and I could order that if it is better.

I also plan on taking HGH, I was going to start off at 2IU's ED and work up to 4IU (probably 5/2 or 6/1). I tore my rotator cuff and I've been rehabbing it over the past 7-8 months without surgery, It's feeling pretty good but I think that adding in some HGH would help heal the shoulder, plus the synergistic effect with the test, not to mention anti aging benefit for someone my age.

I also ordered one vial of Deca because I though it would be good for the joints but realize now that first cycle should be test only so I'll save that for the second cycle. I will need to order some Clomid for PCT since I was originally planning of cruising. Thanks again.
Last Edit: 5 years 5 months ago by titansman1. Reason: Typo

Over 50 Cycle Questions 5 years 5 months ago #8311

• jp4355
  • Platinum Member
1st off ~ don't run HCG throughout the entire cycle
Exogenous Test shuts down LH & FSH.
HCG tries to Stimulate production of LH & FSH.

So the windup is 2-Fold.
1st ~ you Desensitize the Leydig Cells, these cells make Test in the presence of LH or Luteinizing Hormone.
2nd ~ HCG will spike Estrogen, you don't want Estro to spike during a Cycle. This will cause Bloating, BP spikes, and just make your Muscles Puffy.

HCG ~ should only be done during your Cycle if you have Testicular Atrophy while On-Cycle, and then only long enough to remedy the Issue.
But this usually only happens on Very Long or Very Harsh Cycles.

I do use HCG on long or harsh Cycles, between my Last Injection and the start of PCT.
So with a Long Ester like Test, that would be a 2 Week window before the start of PCT.
And then only @ 250 Iu's every other day, not to exceed 1,000 Iu's in any week.
As doing so will again Spike Estrogen.

HGH is a good addition, and you're correct in waiting till your next cycle to add in the Deca.

You can use the Arimidex for this cycle, for Future Cycles get Aromasin.
It's better at controlling Estro, it won't cause Estrogen Rebound, and it won't mess-up your Cholesterol Values.

Here's a 12 Week Layout.

Week 1 to 12 Test C @ 250 Mg Twice a week.
Week 1 to 12 ~ Arimidex @ 0.5 Mg every other day.
HGH ~ start @ 2 Iu's and work up to 4 Iu's, this will run past your cycle.

Week 13 and 14 No Test C
Week 13 and 14 Arimidex @ 0.25 or 1/4 tab every other day.

Week 15 to 18 PCT. ~ doses are daily by week.
Nolva ~ 40/40/20/20
Clomid ~ 50/50/25/25
Arimidex ~ @ 0.25 every 3rd day for weeks 15 to 17, then stop.............. JP

Over 50 Cycle Questions 5 years 5 months ago #8312

• titansman1
  • Elite Member
Sounds good, thanks.

The only question I have is with the HCG. I've read elsewhere that prevention is better than cure, in other words it's better to run HCG along side of your cycle to keep testicles full and prevent them from shutting down. That it helps get them kick started again quicker and easier after the cycle. I do know that it can spike estrogen and affect cholesterol but that its more efficient to prevent testicular atrophy as opposed to correcting after it occurs. Do you not agree with that assessment?

So would you only recommend adding in HCG after you notice testicle shrinkage, and if so what would be the protocol, 250IUs twice a week until testicles size is resorted? And since HCG spikes estrogen would I also need to up Arimedex while on HCG? Thanks.
Last Edit: 5 years 5 months ago by titansman1. Reason: Typo

Over 50 Cycle Questions 5 years 5 months ago #8313

• jp4355
  • Platinum Member
titansman1 wrote:
Sounds good, thanks.

The only question I have is with the HCG. I've read elsewhere that prevention is better than cure, in other words it's better to run HCG along side of your cycle to keep testicles full and prevent them from shutting down. That it helps get them kick started again quicker and easier after the cycle. I do know that it can spike estrogen and affect cholesterol but that its more efficient to prevent testicular atrophy as opposed to correcting after it occurs. Do you not agree with that assessment?

So would you only recommend adding in HCG after you notice testicle shrinkage, and if so what would be the protocol, 250IUs twice a week until testicles size is resorted? And since HCG spikes estrogen would I also need to up Arimedex while on HCG? Thanks.

Honestly, you shouldn't get Testicular Atrophy from a simple Test Only Cycle at a reasonable dose.

The only times I had it, I was doing 1,200 Mg of Test a week, plus 600 Mg of Tren, and using Halo as my Preworkout.
To say that Cycle was Harsh, would be an Understatement.

I've done Multiple Cycles with Test/Deca ~ Test/NPP ~ Test/EQ, and using Orals with No problems.
And even Test P and Tren A at lower dosages with No Testicular Atrophy.

If it did happen, and this would be Extremely Rare, then doing 250 Iu's Twice a Week would take care of it, within 10 Days to 2 Weeks.
But again, on a Short Cycle at a reasonable dosage, I don't see this happening.
And I should point out, that the above Cycles were all 20 Weeks or a little longer.
And doing Orals as a kickstart and a finisher................. JP
P.S.
Most Guys that you read about doing HCG On-Cycle.
Either have No Idea what they are talking about or doing.
Or were Prior Pro-Hormone Users, who Totally Screwed up their Systems.

Post Edit:
I've been Cycling since 1978, and I'm still going strong.
Cause I've always done Bloodwork with all my Cycles.
I recommend 3 Bloodwork Studies with every Cycle.

Pre-Cycle ~ for a Baseline, and to make sure you're healthy enough to do AAS.
Mid-Cycle ~ check all Hormone Levels and quality of Gear with Total Test LC/MS-MS test, this isn't capped @ 1,500 Ng/dl like the normal Total Test version.
Post-Cycle ~ 4 to 6 Weeks after finishing PCT, to make sure you've recovered and are back to Baseline or headed in that direction, No Abnormal Blood Markers.
Last Edit: 5 years 5 months ago by jp4355.